Coconuts for pet
The cocon³ut oil has high level of vitamins “E” and “K”. ; high level of acid lattice, Anti inflammatory and also has nutrients. That’s why it’s fantastic and has many benefits for the humblings, dogs and cats. In this post I’m going to talk about the benefits the coconut oil has for dogs and cat’s fur, skin and cure or help certain, health conditions
IMPORTANT: Let’s first talk about dose or amount of coconut oil a dog or cat can consume
How to use coconut oil in dogs and cats
Three are two main way of using coconut oil, on a pet skin or hair or orally
- Skin: There is no limit at the amount of coconut oil you can use in a cat or dog skin or fur, simply apply coconut oil as needed it in an area.
- Orally: In other words in their mouth eating it. IMPPRTANT:when giving a dog coconut oil never go over the dose or amount. Eating too much coconut oil can cause cardiovascular problems.
Amount: to eat or orally only once a week at the most of coconut oil. And only half of a small coffee spoon for a small dog or cat (a dog that is 4 to 5 kilos or around 8 to 12 pounds the dose is half of coffee spoon). A medium dog can eat one small spoon of coffee a.week. (If you don’t have a coffee spoon just put a little in the tip of a tea spoon).Important: Don’t go over the amount. And everything will be just fine.
- Suggestion: In my opinion If you have any doubts about the amount it’s better to apply the coconut oil directly on the skin or fur of the dog or cat as a cream or oil because there is no limit in the amount you can apply in a pets body, fur or skin. You can use it as needed safety.
- Laboratory- The coconut oil also is use in labs as medication at least in Europe and South America for sure.
Benefits of coconut oil for dogs and cats
Fantastic for the Skin
The coconut oil has high level of vitamin “E” which is fantastic for the skin the coconut oil. And is wonderful to get rid of the fleas and lice. Just apply the coconut nut oil as a cream or oil directly in the dog or cat body and massage it and penetrate it in the area of the skin and under the hair. The coconut oil is great for dry skin, allergy, cuts, wounds, fungus and more.
- Hydration- The coconut oil is fantastic to hydrate the skin. And specially for very dry skin. The coconut oil will normalize completely a very dry skin from a dog or cat.
- Scar and wounds- The coconut oil is also great for scars, wounds or cut. First clean the area with soup and water then just apply the coconut oil in the area of the scar or wound and rub it or massage it on the area and leave some as a cream. And a couple of days it’ll be better. Remember that the coconut oil is also an Anti inflammatory.
- Fungus- coconut oil is also great to cure the fungus from a dog’s skin.
- Reactions of parasites in the skin- it cures hurt, irritated skin and reproduces new skin. Just added in the affected area.
- Flea and lice- The high level of acid lattice in the coconut oil helps reduce the fleas and lice. It’s fantastic for prevention. Not treatment. Of flea and lice. Just apply in the area needed.
For fleas and lice it’s ideal to mix the coconut oil with a dog shampoo or dog’s gel.
Bene⁸fits in Fur or hair
- Leaves fur or hair shiner- Just apply it on the fur like a gel to make it more shinny
- Reduces the falling hair and makes the roots stronger- The proteins of the dog or coconut oil strengthen the hair or fur. Just apply it after bathing and drying a dog as if it’s a gel. Also, massages on the skin so it will go into the roots. Important: only once a week you can give it orally, you can just give half of coffee spoon for small dogs or cat for the roots. Never go over the amount. Medium and large dog 1small coffee spoon of coconut once a week.
The coconut oil is also fantastic to fix certain health problems because of the vitamin “k”, antiflamatory and acid lattice nutrients etc.
- Plantar treatment The protein in the coconut oil are good for the planter, treatment,Scorpius treatment and pad treatment. And although it gives good results it should be used as a helper and complement. You need to always go to the veterinarian as well.
- Scrotum treatment
- immune system- it’s a great stimulus for the immune system.
- Anal Cracks – For this apply on the area affected. Sometimes it’s.radish so apply in the radish area.
- Nutrition give energy- This is specially important if your pet is very weak from an illness. The coconut oil will.recover the cat or dog strength.
- Neurological illnesses- The nutrients it has is good for Neurology problems. It’s helpful for dog or cat senior. It’s not going to fix it but it will avoid getting worse.
For anal cracks you can also give the coconut oil orally. However, when orally never go over the dose. Once a week half of coffee spoon for cat. And for medium and large dogs once an week, 1 small coffee spoon.
If a dog is convalesce that is very week from.a sickness the coconut oil will stimulate the imune system and recover the pet completely. Note: you should always.complement it with the veterinarian treatment.
Does coconut oil have any Side Effects
It can have a side effect only if you give it to a pet orally over the amount The dose orally is only once a week half a small coffee spoon for a cat or small dog. And for a medium or large dog 1 small coffee spoon only once a week. If you go over the amount because of the Greece can cause cardiovascular problems but this is only if you go over it otherwise you should be just fine.
And digs love the taste.
When applying directly in skin or fur there is no risk at all.
The coconut oil has nutrients, proteins, high level of lattice, vitamin” E” & “k”. And it also has Anti inflammatory. That’s why is very beneficial for different skin problems, fur, flea, lice and other health reasons if your dog or cat has a health problem you should always consul your veterinarian. And the coconut oil is a complement.